If you have been working hard to make sure you have a massive following on Twitter, there is some good news for you. A few weeks ago, Twitter released a new feature that could earn you some money if your follower base is now 10 000 and over. Coined Twitter Super Follows, this feature will enable you to post subscriber-only content, introducing an aspect of exclusivity.
What is Super Follows?
In their blog post, Twitter reiterated that people can now earn monthly cash by sharing subscriber-only material with their followers. In addition, you may use Super Follows to take your Twitter conversations to the next level by posting bonus Tweets and interacting authentically with your most engaged followers, while earning money.
So, whether you are an activist, an expert in gardening, an artist, a gamer, or a famous model like Gigi Hadid, as long as you’re above 18, in the US, and your followers are 10,000 and over, you can sign-up for this feature. One more thing, you need to have posted at least 25 Tweets in the last 30 days. This would be an easy hurdle for some, take large retailers like Acme for example; it’s easy for them to post about different products daily or put up their Acme weekly ad and talk about what’s on promotion every day.
How to Apply to Super Follows
It will be easy to apply if you match the prerequisites.
- Get into the Twitter app and swipe the screen to the right to bring up the menu
- “Monetization” will be found at the bottom of that menu. Tap on that then choose “Super Follows” from the drop-down list.
- You will then see a page that explains how Super Follows works and how much money you can make from it.
- Next, confirm that you are at least 18 years old to complete your profile, and enable two-factor authentication for your account.
- Twitter will then ask you what type of content you’ll be creating, such as comedy or art, etc. It will also ask you about your other platforms, such as OnlyFans, Twitch, and Facebook.
- Finally, the application requests that you explain how you want to use Super Follows. Applicants can also include a description of themselves in the “About you” section, as well as their gender and race, however, these are not needed.
- Lastly, click “Submit application” and you’re done.
It’s not yet clear how long your wait will be before getting a response back from Twitter, but in their introductory statement, they mentioned that you’d have to join a waiting list.
Super Follows Application Accepted, Now What?
Users who have their applications accepted will be able to choose between a $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 membership charge. Once you’ve set up a Super Follows account, you’ll be able to designate each Tweet as either for ordinary or paid followers.
How Do Followers Super Follow You?
Your followers will sign up by clicking the purple icon with a little human and a star, right next to the follow button on your profile. Payment is via the app. That’s all!
Twitter has made it super easy for users to monetize Tweets by using their subscription-based service Twitter Super Follows. To qualify, you need to have at least 10 000 followers, be residing in the US, over 18 years of age, and a frequent poster with at least 25 Tweets in the last 30 days. Applying to start using the feature is as simple as following drop-down menu instructions. You may be put on a waiting list, but once accepted, you’ll be able to start charging your followers $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 for your exclusive content. It’s really a great way to make extra money from your Tweeting efforts.