Do you remember the time when people used to have VCR players at home? Me neither. Gone are the days when people used to have a normal TV that only supported HDMI ports and an AV port.
Android TVs are the future as they offer an all-around package of entertainment that can be accessed by clicking a few buttons, or should we say speaking a couple of words now and then.
Even though your grandmother may have called this piece of technology by different names such as an idiot box, there is no denying that modern-day Television devices have everything that a user needs for both entertainment and work purposes as well.
If you are a fan of the technology and getting your hands on a brand-new Android TV, the only question that may be of significance to you is “how do I set up my Android TV?” and fortunately for you, we happen to have the perfect guide for the same.
Follow this blog till the end to know the answer to the infamous query that often goes like this “correct way to set up my TV” without breaking a sweat.
Two installation modes and assisted configuration
Similar to the very first boot of an Android device, any device, be it a TV or a player that has a built-in Android TV needs to go through an installation process so to register their Google account irrespective of whether you decide to use the assistant or not.
You will need to register your device with the manufacturer and after you are done, you can select all of the applications that you need to install. One can go through this process by using another device, by using a web browser, or by entering the data manually with the use of the remote control of your Android TV. Although it is suggested to avoid the last method for configuration since it can take a toll on you. But in case you are unable to make good use of the other two methods, the only answer to the “set up my Android TV” is the method that remains.
Before you move forward, you need to make sure that you complete the following;
- Begin by following the manufacturer’s scheme to connect your Android TV to the TV’s power outlet and with a free HDMI. Once you have done so, simply turn on the device and select the HDMI port that you chose to connect the device with.
- In the next window, move forward by selecting the language and then clicking on next.
- In case you have an Android device, you can make good use of the configuration with your mobile device since it is also recommended. If not, you can simply hit the skip button to choose either by manually entering the data or by Androidtv.com/setup.
Now that you know about the pre-installation process, let us get to know how one can set up my Android TV with the use of an Android device without breaking a sweat.
Set up Android TV with another Android
In case you are an Android user, you will need to set up your Android TV as if it were a new phone.
Follow the steps given below to carry out the same with relative ease.
- Open the settings of your mobile device and search for the Google options, to begin with.
- After doing so, click on “set and restore” and the “set near device” option.
- Next, your mobile phone will now detect the Android TV in a matter of seconds after the search.
- Now, you will need to make sure that the screen of the TV and your mobile phone display the same code and click next.
- In the next window, you will need to select the Wi-Fi network that your Android TV will connect to. After doing so, make sure to allow Google to copy the same from your phone number to your TV. For this, you will need to authorize the operation.
- For the next step, you will need to choose the Google account that you want to use with your Android TV.
- Google will simply set up your TV with the data and you only need to complete the process of accepting the terms and conditions on your Android TV.
- Some apps will also be suggested by Google. You can choose some or you can skip the screen in case you don’t want to install any.
As soon as the process is complete, your Android TV will be active and you can install the desired applications from Google Play Store to finish it.
Let us now get to know about the androidtv.com/setup that includes a code.
The Configuration via androidtv.com/setup
Now that we know about the setting up of an Android TV, performing a configuration without the use of a mobile phone is not hard either.
- Begin by choosing the “skip” button to select the Wi-Fi connection that you will be using for your device.
- From there, you will need to touch log in to your Google account and select the “use your phone or computer” option to spare yourself the effort of typing with your Android TV remote. You can also try to log in from the remote if, for some reason, you do not have a browser in the first place.
- In the next window, you will need to open a web browser and visit the “androidtv.com/setup” and enter the code that appears on your screen.
- For the next step, you will need to log in to the web browser with the Google account as this account will now be transferred to your Android TV.
And just like that, you are done. With the help of these two methods, you will be able to set up your newly bought Android TV device within a few steps and all it takes is a mere five minutes of your day. As soon as you have connected your device to your TV, you will be able to enjoy entertainment from all the available applications, such as Netflix, Hotstar, Google Play, HBO, Disney+, and many others.
Android TVs’ are slowly taking over as users get the option of entertainment, media, and even games, all in one place. On top of that, bigger screens, better resolution, and a vivid range of colors make it pretty hard for users to choose something over Android TVs in the modern world.
Setting up an Android TV is easier than most think. One just needs to be careful about the correct order of the steps and everything will be up and running in a few minutes.
We hope that this blog has everything that you were looking for.
Up until next time! Peace out.